SSAA OR HUNTING CLUB MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED BY ALL HUNTERS
The property spreads out over 7000 acres and offers the opportunity for a variety of different hunting styles. There are 11 paddocks of various sizes with a total of 13 dams. About 30% of the property is open cropping country and grass lands. The crops vary each year between wheat, oats, barley, chick peas, lucerne and lupins. The remaining 70% consist of light to medium scrub and forests with semi dry creeks. Stock kept on the property are cattle and sheep.
Game commonly found are pigs, foxes, wild cats, rabbits, hares and ducks. Trophy goats might be available for a fee at the property owners’ discretion, please check with owner before arrival. The property has been family run for five generations and the owners are more than happy to give you good advice on ideal hunting times and locations for the kind of game you are looking for. The owners live and work on this property so have a good idea of the habits of the game.
The camp site is centrally located on the property and all paddocks can be easily accessed from there. There is no need to bring firewood with you, the property has firewood available for you to collect near the camp site and use at the fire pit at the camp (please be aware of possible restrictions due to fire bans).
Public showers and toilets are available within a 2km drive. They are opposite to the local pub which serves lunches, dinners and cold drinks.
About 80% of the property will have mobile phone service with Telstra.
The property is easily accessed by a sealed road and therefore can be reached without a 4WD - although we recommend a 4WD for a better hunting experience once you arrived. Motorbikes and four wheelers are welcome on the property and will make hunting through scrubby areas easier and more fun.
This property allows year-round hunting as plenty of game is available. Surrounding areas and properties are mainly scrubby and not hunted on a regular basis. Therefore, the supply of game, in particular pigs, that is coming onto the property seems endless.
Planting of cropping country will take place between March and May each year. Harvest will usually take place between the months of October and November.
Rules on the property are simple and include common sense. Please read the conditions for access to IHP properties on the back of the map you will receive on arrival. Some additional property specific rules were noted on the front of the map. These include to make sure that you take all your rubbish with you or bring it to the local tip (2km). In respect for the hunters following you please do not leave carcasses near the camp site and also make sure you bury your toilet waste at least 100m from camp. Further we ask you not to leave any cans or glass bottles in the fire pit – they do not burn and the hunter’s arriving after you deserve a clean fire pit and camp site.
Do not drive on/ across crops – these cropping areas will be marked on the map you receive on arrival. You will also be advised of lambing season on arrival and need to be particularly mindful when driving around stock, especially during this season.
This property is only a few Kms from the township of Girilambone with the quirky little country pub “Hog & Billy”. Public shower and toilet facilities are available in Girilambone. Have family with you that isn’t into hunting as much as you are? Within a half an hour drive they can reach the small mining community Nyngan with the famous Big Bogan, Parks, Cafes and Restaurants and a small museum. Nyngan also allow you to stock up on groceries and fuel if required.
Or head north to Bourke – it is only a 150km drive and offers great opportunities for day trips, e.g. a cruise on the Darling River in the paddle vessel Jandra or a visit to the Back O’ Bourke Exhibition Centre.
Feel like catching your own dinner and getting away from the crowds? Head down some dirt roads to the Bogan River for some great yabbying and fishing opportunities only about 15kms from the property.